TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of high-voltage lines and cables, serving 41 million end users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is on accelerating the energy transition by facilitating the integration of renewable energy whilst maintaining our high security of supply.
The corporate communications function is managed from TenneT's headquarters in the Netherlands. For the international corporate communications team, located in Arnhem, we are looking for an experienced
SENIOR ADVISOR MEDIA RELATIONS / SPOKESPERSON (0,8 fte)
What is your role as senior advisor media relations ?
The Senior Advisor Media Relations advises and supports the executive board and senior management on media relations, preparing media strategies and tactics, developing content, messaging, press releases and Q&A's and acts as a spokesperson.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage, monitor and execute the media policy and maintain an editorial calendar
- Advise the board and senior management on media issues: preparation of storylines and action plans, monitoring of media exposure and stakeholder sentiment
- Build and maintain a network of journalists and other media-related stakeholders (general as well as energy trade media)
- Monitor and analyse media publications, write press releases, organise press events and pro-actively pursue free publicity (a.o. through social media)
- Act as spokesperson on corporate and business issues as well as infrastructure projects.
- Organize and moderate media training sessions for the executive e board and senior management
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to get TenneT's key messages across in order to position TenneT as a leading European electricity grid operator
The Senior Advisor Media Relations reports to the Head of Corporate Communications. Together with one colleague in Arnhem, the senior advisor media relations works closely together with senior management, Public Affairs, Project Communications and the Media Relations colleagues in Germany.
What do we expect from you?
- Education in Communications or Business Administration at Higher Vocational level (HBO) or higher
- At least 10 years of experience in media relations or communications in a complex, international environment
- Knowledge of the electricity sector and the energy transition
- Strategic capabilities, affinity with technology
- Strong advisory and writing skills
- Fluency in Dutch, English and preferably German
- Hands-on, pro-active 'can do' mentality, positive energy
What can you expect from TenneT?
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic national and international working environment. The position will be for a period of approximately twelve months, as a replacement for the existing senior advisor media relations, and is based in Arnhem. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Find out more
If you would like to find out more, please contact Leendert Knoeff on +31 6 11189140. To apply for this role, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.