TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is on developing a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
The communications function is managed from TenneT's headquarters in the Netherlands. To strengthen the Dutch and German communications teams, we are looking for an experienced
Senior advisor Communications Digital Transformation m/f (0.4 FTE, Arnhem and Bayreuth)
Purpose of the job
nage the communication of TenneT's Corporate Digital Transformation Department (DTC). Be the sparring partner for DTC management in the Netherlands and Germany, develop and implement the communication strategy. The Senior Advisor Communications will be part of the Corporate Communications Department in the Netherlands and reports to the Senior Manager Corporate Communications. He/she will have a functional reporting line to the Senior Manager Digital Transformation. Both are based in Arnhem.
The energy transition will fundamentally change how our power grids and energy markets function. This new complexity demands short-term availability of new insights to enable an effective response to these changes. TenneT has developed a Digital Transformation roadmap to position TenneT in this new emerging electricity landscape characterised by a more volatile and decentral ecosystem whilst delivering business improvements by advancing the use of data and analytics.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement the communication strategy for TenneT on its Digital Transformation projects in the Netherlands and Germany
- Be a sparring partner and first contact for DTC management and on all related communication issues, both internally an externally.
- Cover the entire range of communication planning, operation and production of communication tools for the assigned projects
- Work in close cooperation with all clusters in TenneT's Corporate Communications Departments in Arnhem and Bayreuth: media relations, internal communications, corporate communications, project communications and online communications, in order to align the development and delivery of key messages.
- Master in Communication or Business Administration (or related field)
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience in managing large scale communications in a complex environment
- Excellent advisory skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English, and preferably German
- International experience in large organisations
- Preferably experience in the energy or ICT industry
- Excellent communication skills, hands-on, pro-active 'can do' mentality, positive energy
What can you expect from TenneT?
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic working environment. The function will be based in Arnhem, with frequent travel to Bayreuth required. Initially, the assignment will be for six months, with possible extension.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Find out more
If you would like to find out more, please contact Leendert Knoeff (Van Kinsbergen) on +31 (6) 111 89 140 or email@example.com.